Worship With PUMC
Times of Service
- Common Grounds worship, which features a wide variety of musical styles, video images, and a more casual style, takes place every Sunday morning at 8:30 in the Fellowship Hall. Join us for a cup of coffee or juice and conversation before we begin, then settle in to a chair as we explore God’s Word in creative ways. Holy Communion is celebrated on first and third Sundays.
- Traditional worship in the sanctuary begins at 11:00 a.m. every Sunday. Using music from the United Methodist Hymnal and other sources, featuring anthems from our choir and from soloists, this service follows the liturgical pattern as outlined in our hymnal and Book of Worship. Holy Communion is celebrated on first Sundays.
- Baptism for children and adults takes during worship, on a Sunday convenient for the families and the church schedule. Baptism is generally reserved for persons active in the ongoing ministry of the congregation.
Special Occasions and Events
- Special worship services are held at Providence on Christmas Eve, Ash Wednesday, during Holy Week before Easter, and Easter Sunrise. The third Sunday in June is our Annual Homecoming, featuring one worship service at 11:00 a.m. followed by the most amazing covered dish dinner in Christendom!
- Sometimes something happens in the community or in the larger world, and we need to gather in God’s presence to celebrate or to mourn. At those times, Providence will host a worship service appropriate to the occasion.